Charlotte Center City Partners is excited to announce the revival of the Marching Band Scholarship Program. Marching bands have been an integral part of the Thanksgiving Day Parade since it first began in 1947 and after a brief hiatus, the scholarship program has returned to encourage students to continue their musical practices beyond high school.
The program includes three (3) grant scholarships and the Queen Charlotte Music Scholarship.
Conditions of eligibility:
Marching Band Scholarship Program InformationMarching Band Scholarship Program Application
- The applicant must be a senior in a high school marching band that is participating in the current year’s Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade
- The applicant must demonstrate superior scholastic attainment with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- The applicant must demonstrate moral force of character, leadership ability, and an interest in his/her fellow students and the community
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from their band director and one other school official or community leader
- Students applying for the Queen Charlotte Music Scholarship must meet all the above requirements and show proof that they plan to continue music in college through marching band or ensemble concert classes.